- Wheels: One of the easiest ways to upgrade your scooter is to throw on a fresh set of wheels! If youêve had your scooter for a while and itês not riding as smooth as you would like getting a new pair of wheels will do the trick on giving you a smooth ride. Just make sure you have done your research on what sized wheels are compatible with your current deck and fork. If you have any trouble getting that information, please feel free to give us a call!
- Bearings: Sometimes the bearings that come in those entry level scooters donêt last very long or arenêt very fast. You can fix this by installing some new bearings. At The Vault we have a huge selection of bearings like Tilt Six Shooters, Apex Ceramic Bearings, and our very own Vault Velocity Bearings! Make sure you are educated on the proper way to take out and install your bearings. If youêre a youngin make sure you have parent supervision while installing your new bearings!
- Grip Tape: One simple to upgrade your scooter is to put on some new grip tape. Grip Tape keeps your feet from slipping off your deck and after a while your grip tape is going to get dirty and start coming off. Putting a new sheet of grip tape on every few months is a good way to insure your feet stick to your deck. We have a colossal selection of grip tape at The Vault from companies like HellaGrip, Tilt, Proto, Apex, and Envy just to name a few. We have both scooter deck and skateboard deck sized grip tape as well. Again make sure you understand how to install grip tape and if youêre young we encourage to let someone older than you install the grip tape!
- Decks: A new deck is always a great way to upgrade your scooter. Obviously it depends your skill level for how long decks can last. Some riders put on a new deck every few months and for some it can take years. We have all types of decks here at The Vault so finding your next favorite deck will not be an issue.
- Headsets: Is your headset creaking or making a dry noise?! It could be one of many things: A broken bearing, a cracked top cap, incorrect installation or your headset just may need to be cleaned. Check out our selection of replacement headset bearings and headsets. It is an affordable way to make a huge difference in your scooters performance.
Please keep in mind installing parts can be complicated and make sure you are educated in the proper compatibility and process on install certain parts. If you are young, please have a parent do the installation for you or at least have parent supervision. If you have any questions on how to install anything feel free to call or email us!